Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b10Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b11Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b10Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b11Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b1065%Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b106%Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b1018%Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b100%Worst Annoyances in RP Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Worst Annoyances in RP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sureshot
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Sureshot

Number of posts : 5209
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Worst Annoyances in RP Empty
PostSubject: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:43 am

Ok, so I've blatantly stolen this from a thread over at the Praxeum but I found it interesting to hear what you guys find annoying in RP?

Here's what I wrote on thier boards:

ME! wrote:

Well Godmodding is an obvious one that I think we can all agree is completely annoying. Other than that I'd say outside interruptions when your guild/group are trying to establish some lore-based RP in a tavern. The amount of times I've had people interrupt our current guild story by butting in is ridiculous. It's just RP etiquette to send a /tell first to make sure that person is interested in taking part in some RP. Another pet hate of mine is when people use RP to exploit inter-guild personal agendas or problems. I know that all is fair in love and roleplay but I still feel that its completely unecessary.

WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 am

Godmoding, as you said - but not just limited to playing God. I also hate it even the little things where people assume you're going to do something, like jumping over something or ducking behind something.

The worst annoyance for me in this type of RP is

*action* Speech

That. Where people use the asterisk to say what their character is doing, I just prefer the 'story RP' prose.

"Speech," action.

It's not something horrible, but I just think it seems improper and it annoys me. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caryington
Veteran Agent
Veteran Agent
Caryington

Number of posts : 2420
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:17 pm

My worst annoyance is when I fall asleep on my keyboard and I miss the fun ^^'
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://soude.forumactif.com/
Smudge
Agent
Agent
Smudge

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Soude wrote:

Soude falling asleep and missing the fun is my worst annoyance too. Very Happy

In all seriousness, my biggest annoyance is when people take rediculous concepts for their characters - what I like to call "Special Snowflake Syndrome" - a Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight that is best friends with Yoda, for example. Such a thing would be extremely rare, but of course, that doesn't stop a million people making an equally rediculous character, making it not rare at all.

My hate from this mainly stems from my time playing on a perisistant world in Neverwinter Nights. On that server, we played in a scritly controlled environment when it came to anything special. If you wanted to play a Drow, you would have to write a lengthly application that would explain your character's motivations and what benefit they would bring to the server being a Drow rather than an unrestricted race. In fact, the process was so arduous it was designed to discourage people from playing special characters and just stick to the basic things that were available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WildWallace
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Smudge wrote:
Soude wrote:

Soude falling asleep and missing the fun is my worst annoyance too. Very Happy

In all seriousness, my biggest annoyance is when people take rediculous concepts for their characters - what I like to call "Special Snowflake Syndrome" - a Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight that is best friends with Yoda, for example. Such a thing would be extremely rare, but of course, that doesn't stop a million people making an equally rediculous character, making it not rare at all.

My hate from this mainly stems from my time playing on a perisistant world in Neverwinter Nights. On that server, we played in a scritly controlled environment when it came to anything special. If you wanted to play a Drow, you would have to write a lengthly application that would explain your character's motivations and what benefit they would bring to the server being a Drow rather than an unrestricted race. In fact, the process was so arduous it was designed to discourage people from playing special characters and just stick to the basic things that were available.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081012134755AAnFxdL

But yes, you are speaking truth. It was a major problem in Harry Potter role-play when I did it a few years ago because everybody was Voldemort's daughter or son or hidden lovechild with Harry. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andariun
The Praxeum
The Praxeum
Andariun

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:25 am

And here I thought that maybe one of our members stole this thread from here. Wink

Anyway my biggest problems with RP is timezones. Yes that's right time differences. Seeing as how I'm an Australian it's kinda hard to RP with people who are 10 or 15 hours behind you. Eventually you figure out what times different people are online and what time is best in general. I suppose I can always change my sleeping pattern to match those times though.

This does however give me a good chance to level up in games while everyone is sleeping so I'm not RPing at level 1 cause I don't have time to do both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ashla.org/index.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Annoyances in RP   Worst Annoyances in RP Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Annoyances in RP
Page 1 of 1