The E.P.O.C.H Agency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMediaSearchLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in
Current UK Time (GMT)
Similar topics
Current US Time (EST)
Latest topics
» CG: Rift - Planes of Telara
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:56 am by Lunarwolf

» New Website is Now Live!
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:51 am by Timora

» Calling the finest minds in the Galaxy! (Discussion Thread)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:30 am by Lunarwolf

» A Couple of Bits of News
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm by Lunarwolf

» Happy Birthday Nord! (2011)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:30 pm by Commander Nord

» GUILD TIMELINE
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm by Lunarwolf

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUNARWOLF!
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:40 pm by Harlequin2

» Dynamic RP: General Discussion
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am by Lunarwolf

» The May Guild Meeting Roundup
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm by Viking

Radio Coruscant

Who's in Chat?
Visitor Information
Guild Leaders

Officers

Currently Recruiting
BOUNTY HUNTER

MEDIUM (3 Required)

IMPERIAL AGENT

LOW (1 Required)

SITH INQUISITOR

LOW (1 Required)

SITH WARRIOR

FULL

External Links

Recruitment Thread
SWTOR Guild Page

E.P.O.C.H Wiki

SWTOR-RP-Wiki
SWTOR Wiki

SWTOR-Wikia

Wookieepedia

SW:TOR Roleplay

HeroMachine 2.5

E.P.O.C.H on Steam

Midnight Resistance
Top posters
Lunarwolf (6401)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b10Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b11Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12 
Sureshot (5209)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b10Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b11Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12 
PrioryJK (2575)
Caryington (2420)
Harlequin2 (1887)
Commander Nord (1761)
Tando (1068)
Kleti (448)
nosyd (435)
Smudge (369)
Poll
Which Forums Do You Post Most On?
Agents of the E.P.O.C.H (Here)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b1065%Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12
 65% [ 11 ]
An Allies Forums (HoD, Sith'ari Path, Praxeum)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b106%Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Official Forums
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b1018%Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12
 18% [ 3 ]
Darth Hater Forums
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b106%Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12
 6% [ 1 ]
SWTOR Roleplay Forums
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Please Explain)
Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b100%Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Vote_b12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
Dice Roller

Site Donation
Twitterlink

Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)

Go down 
+2
Sureshot
Lunarwolf
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 am

Nex's apology came as a surprise to Lilin. The Talortai came across to her as somewhat intractable, a trait shared by many Jedi, but his willingness to make peace at least upheld his own perceived light-sided constancy. She resolved to keep an open mind when it came to the bird-man but still held reservations as to whether this 'Jedi's' aggressive lust for battle would be tempered with wisdom before it was too late – for them all.

It turned out she and Es'pel had both been pondering the enigmatic bird-man. As the group cautiously moved out in their chosen direction it wasn't long before the woman asked the Jedi “Are you an ex Jedi or merely independently trained? I've seen many Jedi who have left the order but many have slipped to the dark side and are no longer as ...moral as you appear to be?”

The question was a pertinent one and asked tactfully. Plus one point for the new girl, Lilin thought as she smiled. She already liked the strangely garbed but extremely capable appearing alien woman, and it seemed her wits weren't limited to battling the dead. Or undead, was it?

As Lilin listened to Nex's reply her thoughts turned to the fourth and final member of their doomed party (if one discounted the droid. Which she did). Creed was decisive in this course of action and had been all along, but there was something driving him that she felt went beyond the rational. Perhaps there was something deeper than a work relationship between he and this Ree'tak? But from what little she had seen of this purple-headed space pirate Lilin doubted Creed was the 'move heaven and earth' type. No, there was definitely something else going on here with this Ree. And Lilin had no doubt they would all find out or die trying; these were the only two futures left to them.
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:59 am

“Thirty seven years as a jedi knight, then three more as a “fallen” jedi according to the council. I guess one would give me the title of ex jedi.” Nex said sending him into the back of his mind, revealing various flashbacks from his youth. “I went through many masters before following Revan then ultimately living on Nar Shaddaa.” A small smirk emerged as he thought about memories long forgotten. “The battle of Coruscant during the Great Sith War, Taris…the conflicts at Onderon, Dxun, and Althir. Those were only a few of the great battles.”

“I don’t concern myself with the light or dark. I make my own choices, others can make all the judgments about my mortality they want…..which I’m sure you all have already.” Nex said staying alert and still following behind Creed to their destination. Nex never openly shared much with anyone, his previous occupation didn’t allow for many close friendships. Answering their questions seemed calming to him but yet at the same time made him more cautious.

“People will always remain spiteful and have loathsome opinions of any force sensitive these days, regardless of our morality. Non-force users are quick to cast us out and throw us away until they are the ones in need.” Nex’s feelings about most non-force users was more than likely picked up by the others but as hateful as he seemed he didn’t show it in his emotions. Instead he maintained an unruffled and relaxed stance.

“Some of us even have to try and hide what we really are because of that resentment.” Nex slightly cocked his head in Lilin’s direction before looking ahead once more. “It is a rather irritating trait most non-sensitives have.” Nex realized he was babbling and probably revealed too much about himself in such a short amount of time. He returned back to the original question that really only needed a simple answer to begin with.

“My morality lies in my sense of honor. I follow a strict code and it guides my decisions….right or wrong. That would make me an ex-jedi in the eyes of the council.” Nex let out a humored grunt as if to lighten up a bit more and be more hospitable.

“I don’t mind answering your questions but refrain from thinking I’m just another force using brute lacking the proper intelligence equal to that of my strength.” With a smirk he continued down the seemingly long corridor hoping to soon find Ree’tak and the purpose of this installation.
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

Number of posts : 6401

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 am

((Creed on SCS until Sureshot returns))

F0-RG3 had been correct in its summarization of the layout, it didn't take Creed and the others long to find the service ramp the droid had mentioned, sloping down between a gap in the rows of stasis pods. It was wide enough to easily get a pod through, likely allowing transport of the pods from one room to another.

The ramp ended in a large security door which the droid bypassed with little difficulty allowing the group deeper access to the complex. Taking the lead the droid ignored many identical side-corridors as it ventured through the labyrinthine tunnel-like corridors.
The logo of the "Infinite Empire" as Forge had identified it adorned the walls in several places, the facilities creators' either very proud to be part of the empire or conditioned by fear to show it homage.

Eventually they turned a corner and came across a large dura-steel door, tall and imposing in its visage. Reaching eight meters in height and covered in strange markings that looked like a stylized version of the writings the droid had found earlier, it had two wicked-looking droids patrolling it, which looked akin to cones with arachnid-legs and guns.

(( Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Spiderdroid))
Halting at the sight of them, Forge turned to the group.

"My apologies Masters and Mistresses. These droids did not show up on my scans nor in the schematics and I can only assume due to their active state that they are either separate to the facilities systems which are currently off-line, or they are recent additions here."

Pausing for a moment to look at them it continued:

"It appears they have not yet detected our presence. However, I would care to inform you that the power source - most like the "Harvester Of Souls" in not far from our present location."
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/lunarwolf79/lwworks

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 pm

“Really?” Lilin's voice dripped sarcasm. “I would never have guessed”

As stories went the 'ex-Jedi's' one raised more questions than it answered. It didn't help that Lilin was only half listening to the bird-man as she concentrated on trying to memorise the many twists and tuns of the chosen corridors the droid navigated. Nex's tale of rejecting the concepts of light and dark fit in well with Lilin's experience of 'fallen' and 'grey' Jedi – as did his being bound by personal prejudices just as black and white. His sneering aloofness and the pride he took in his egotism was either a racial trait or a male thing, Lilin couldn't decide. But wherever it came from it was annoying as hell.

As they gathered in the corridor observing the hostile robots Lilin nudged Nex with her elbow and nodded in the droids' direction. “Is your morality up to the task of dealing with those, do you think?” She asked with a teasing smile. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll obliterate him on the spot, she thought to herself. At least it would save us the emotional trauma of seeing him disappear up his own feathered *rse...
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:50 am

Nex let out a small grin. Humans, two hundred years and they are still quick to anger. He didn’t have to be force sensitive to tell that he was unwanted in her presence. More amused at her constant verbal attacks than offended, Nex began to see himself enjoying her company more than she apparently enjoyed his.

“Is your morality up to the task of dealing with those, do you think?”

Clearly not attempting to seem friendly towards the Talortai, Nex just let out a grunt and smile.

“You’re alright for a human.” He said with a more respectful tone towards Lilin.

Moving his hand towards his belt he removed his lightsaber and had it float a few inches in front of her effortlessly while continuing to face in the two droids direction.

“Unless you wanted to give it a shot. Then again you could always take a break then complain again later on…..or maybe harass them to death right here.” Nex said in a goading yet more joking manner of his own, and still keeping the weapon in front of her.

“What’s the plan? Any ideas?” Nex addressed the group as he had not heard from Creed or Ril for some time now. Arrow
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

Number of posts : 2575
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 pm

“Well”she lingered ”I'm not really experienced with open assaults however I'd suggest we try and take these machines out as quietly as we can, its more then likely whatever's behind that door will know were inside the base but may not suspect were right on their doorstep and any element of surprise might give them less of an advantage”

“However with such a large base of operations it seems odd that such a small contingent force has been deployed, either they don't think much of your talents” she said trying to hide the same feelings from her voice “or they are working on incredibly limited resources” Ril frowned “ore its a trap”.

“We really need a distraction if were going to get close to them to disable them quietly, she looked over at the droid perched next to them,”Couldn't we use him as a distraction in some way they may not fire on an inorganic with such prejudice.....”
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:01 am

When nobody immediately responded to the Umbaran woman, the Droid assumed they were accessing their own diagnosis protocols and decided to activate its verbal communications matrix.

"A sound plan Mistress, and one which under any other circumstances I would recommend." It began. "However, considering the data I am currently decrypting and reconstructing I would advise against such a course of action unless we are able to somehow secure the data in another device first." If an organic species had said something similar it could easily be miscommunicated as cowardice, but seeing as Forge lacked emotions it was more likely the Droid was weighing up the statistical chances.
"I should also add that my non-organic status will not effect the programming of a war-droid in any way, they are ordered to destroy intruders regardless of intent."

As the group looked to one another deciding their next course of action, both Nex Deus and Lilin felt a shiver amidst the now-constant painful dark-side hum of the place, a strange sensation like the muffled and strained ripples made by large rock thrown into a tar pit. Not as obvious as a pebble dropped into clear water, but detectable to the trained mind nonetheless.
A disturbance in the Force.

The two turned mere seconds before the others, just before - rather than in response to - the arrival of the newcomer.

Out of the shadows behind them walked a man, about six feet in height and dressed in a collection of hastily-slung together bits of cloth that resembled a makeshift robe. He had the face of man they recognized, having met him only moments earlier in the previous room.

It was the man from the stasis tank that Forge had apparently 'rendered inert'.

Now out of the semi-transparent blue liquid of the tank it was clear that the man was not actually human as first surmised. Even taking into consideration the pale off-colour tint of his dead skin, it was clear that it had once been a pale yellow rather than the normal human flesh-tones. He also had distinctive facial markings along his jawline and across his ears which had been obscured while in the liquid, the same liquid which was oozing out of him in places where pipes were still attached, but now broken.
It appeared the man had once been a Mirialan.

"Perhaps....I.....could be.....of......some help?" he asked in a quiet raspy voice which had obviously not seen use in some considerable time.
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:12 pm

A small chill went up Nex’s spine and into his head, once again attempting to tear at his resolve, as the sensation seemed to whisper “behind you”. He turned and stared into the shadows as the humanoid slowly made its way out of the darkness and near the group.

Staring at it and it’s poorly constructed robes, it didn’t seem as deadly as the others he had encountered but Nex was not about to begin to underestimate it. Looking more like someone who came crawling out of the sewers of Nar Shaddaa, Nex dropped his guard and crossed his arms. “Now what?”

"Perhaps....I.....could be.....of......some help?"

Nex began to laugh to himself as it spoke. ‘The power used to reanimate these things is amazing. They can even speak. Is the “dark side” really this powerful?’ He thought as he continued to eye up the humanoid in case it turned feral.

“Why not? Send the cadaver. Won’t be a problem if the droids are programmed to target the living.” Nex said coldly as he began to ponder the dark side’s connection and ability to revive the many corpses that resided within the compound.

“Whatever the choice, hurry up.” Nex stated bluntly and with a darker tone more than likely due to the constant exposure of the dark side taint and contact with these corpses. “I need answers and these scraps of metal are trying my patience. Just pray that the Twi'lek lies behind this door. Assuming he can get it open.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:18 am

Lilin whirled at the sound of the strange voice behind them and fixed her blaster on the thing. Frak! What the hell? She thought.

She listened to Nex and shook her head. "While it's nice you're not thinking with your blade 'Jedi', I beg to differ" Lilin's eyes never left the newcomer. "If droids set off those sentinels this thing would too. Surprise and speed are our advantage here aren't they? And if this thing is anything like the ones we met above, speed isn't it's strong point - and that's assuming we can trust it..."

"If we hadn't seen how gooey these walking corpses are when hit I'd have said it's best use would be as a body shield" She shrugged at the creature "No offense..."
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Ril turned startled like the rest only to be startled once more by the man that stood in front of her, wrapped in rags with the same putrid skin and oozing orifices as the previous welcoming party he stood their menacingly, uncaring of his appearance.

"Perhaps....I.....could be.....of......some help?"
was gutturally uttered from his lips, Rill felt pity wash over her as she looked at this broken form, instinctively she stood up and moved towards him..

"If droids set off those sentinels this thing would too.”

“Really?”
Ril said not turning her head from the sigh of the wreck in front of her “I cant see why they would, these....those beings were almost certainly controlled by whoever s running this facility, I doubt they would program droids to attack their own personal.”

She peered into the man's face mesmerised, she wanted to find out the truth behind all this she was tired of second guessing her companions or walking blindly into unknown situations, she slipped into her carefully created caring persona and tried to probe the man for answers, “When was this done to you, I mean what date were you imprisoned and by who?”
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:12 pm

The ex-Mirialan tilted his head as he was addressed and it wasn't entirely obvious whether he was doing so out of slight confusion or because the muscles in his neck weren't working as they should.

Not until he spoke, at least.

"Im...Imprisoned? I..." He blinked then as if memories were resurfacing, his eyelids making an unnerving cracking noise as he did so; already the skin was tightening and drying mere moments out of the fluid of the stasis tank.

"I....do not....remember being taken....prisoner." He continued with considerable effort. As he spoke the stench of his breath almost forced Ril to wretch, the numerous stomach acids and gaseous build-ups of a cadaver forcing her to step back slightly and break her from her mesmerism.

"I remember....I remember my squad and I....were..." He shook his head then with such vigerous ferocity that it was in danger of falling off.
"Yes! I remember now! I was part of Omega Squad, stationed just outside Tayana on Duro." The man seemed more animated somehow, just slightly more alive as his memories took him, injecting him with passion.
"The Mandy's were winning, but we weren't going to let them take the place without a fight! X'iric and I were on the mounted guns and those frakkin' demons came over the hill in their walking death machines; we were cut down like wheat! We didn't have a chance! we...."

He trailed off then, hanging his head and seeming somewhat defeated. For a moment there was silence as nobody knew how to proceed, but then he looked up again, his eyes dark and devoid of the passion he'd previously shown.

"I remember hearing the whistling noise to our left. I turned to see X'iric explode as a rocket of some sort hit him, he was....he was just gone. I remember feeling like we were lost, truly lost, and I didn't even feel the blast as it went through me...." Turning his head to the side as he spoke, the man lifted his hair to show a deep wound that had sliced through his skull, part of which had collapsed slightly since the impact.
"I just remember feeling warm, and tired....and then everything went dark."

"Then the whispering began. Words clawing at the inside of my skull, itching and digging. I couldn't make out the words, not at first." He shook his head again, slower this time. It was as if he didn't fully believe what he was saying.

"I don't know how long I was there, in the dark. The voices wouldn't stop, they kept speaking....over and over. Then at some point the words began to unravel..they still made no sense, I still couldn't understand the language but....I knew the words. I was being told to wake up, that I was needed. At first it was a suggestion, but the more I tried to ignore it the more forceful it became, like a burning in my mind."

He suddenly took a step forward, catching the still nauseous Ril off guard as he reached for her. Luckily she was well trained and her instincts were far too well tuned to let her be caught so easily, as she stepped back just outside of his reach.

"....but then light flooded in, and sound, and colour..." He said as he stopped, retracting his outstreched hand and clasping it tightly. "I saw your face and....and I thought it was the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen."

He shrugged then, suddenly changing tact in a matter-of-fact matter.

"I don't know what to tell you, I'm sorry. I fought, I died. I'm still dead, I think...I don't feel 'right'. But I can tell you this: the voice is still here, and closer now. I'm no threat to you, at least not through any conscious choice of mine and frankly, I'm after a little payback."

If there was any one thing the man could do that was worse than he'd presented himself thus far, it was when he smiled. Cracked and broken yellowed teeth protrueded jaggedly through black and red gums, and he seemed completely unaware of the fact he was starting to decay and tiny bits of skin began to flake off of his face and chin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:05 pm

"This is too convenient" Lilin was looking at the thing with narrow eyes.

"Best case, if we beleive this story, it's lust for revenge makes it unpredictable and unreliable" She blew awkwardly at a lock of copper hair which had fallen in front of her eyes, her hands steadily pointing her blaster at the dead Mirialan standing before them. "Worst case it's already, or could easily become a puppet of whatever's behind that door once -if- we get in there"

"We're wasting too much time here" She didn't lift her gaze from the reanimated corpse, but it was plain her comment was directed at Creed. "Someone needs to make a decision"
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 am

"This is too convenient" the red haired woman said and Ril agreed, this corpse seemed to eager to help them and defiantly too enamoured towards her for its own good she thought, her pity was now mixed with revulsion from the smells the Mirialan was producing almost overpowering all her other senses.

Any normal being with voices in its head giving orders was not to be trusted, one which is dead and has proven to be a formidable foe even less so, Ril's instinct was to dispose of the shambling mess now to save them the danger of keeping it around and having their limbs removed by it at some unexpected interval, its was also an instinct to shield herself of becoming too attached to the being and the pity she felt now growing to much as too distract her.

In the end she could not verbalise the thought so she wiped it from her mind, she turned to Creed who was by her side now after her escape from the groping hands of the Mirialan, “I don't trust this thing, free willed or not its just as dangerous what attacked us upstairs, keeping it around wont help us and it hardly looks like its in fighting shape”.
“As for the droids I think the best course of action would be for myself and Nex to sneak up on the droids using our stealth devices while that thing distracts them, I still believe they wont fire but if they do at least we have one less complication to deal with”
Back to top Go down
Nex Deus
Registered
Registered
Nex Deus

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:24 pm

“As for the droids I think the best course of action would be for myself and Nex to sneak up on the droids using our stealth devices while that thing distracts them, I still believe they wont fire but if they do at least we have one less complication to deal with”
Nex let out a humored grunt as Ril’s suggestion was voiced and with an anxious tone replied.
“Sounds good to me, I want to get through that door. I vote we go for it and see what happens.”
Nex turned his attention from the group to the droids while placing one hand over the stealth device on his belt and the other on his lightsaber.
“Do it. Before you decay too much to become useful.” He voiced out loud to the Mirialan keeping his eyes on the guardians at the door.
“Your move.” Now speaking to Ril, “Let’s do this and find out what’s on the other side.”
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am

((Creed on SCS until Sureshot has time to post))

The Mirialan 'corpse' had become more coherant and legible since it had first stumbled into the corridor and it seemed more animated too, as if whatever was destroying its body was also filling it with some sort of power.

"I will do as you ask if it will gain me some small measure of trust. I am out of my element here, I don't know where I am or what is going on and I could do with some help. If distracting those droids long enough for you to destroy them will grant me that, then I have little left to lose."

Its cold eyes turn to Creed then, as were all others in the group.

Rubbing his eyes from the tension the Corellian man realised the options were limited.

"Fine," He said with a slightly resigned tone. "Nex, Es'pel, engage your stealth devices and flank those droids. Red, you're with me. Stick close and watch our six. You...." He said, motioning to the Mirialan but still not sure how to address it,

"......revenant or whatever you may be, get their attention and keep it, any way you can."

The cadaver merely nodded, needing no more indication that it was given, suddenly moving with a startling speed and co-ordination it didn't seem to possess moments before. Charging toward the two droids wailing in a horrific manner considering its decayed vocal cords, the twin guards spun their mid-sections to face the attacker.

Letting out a stream of commands in binary (("Halt. Unauthorized Access. Engaging Security Protacols A-1 through A-12" to anyone who can understand the language)) , the droids didn't hesitate to open fire on the man as he charged toward them. Blaster fire ripped through his body, mostly carrying straight through in a beam of red light which Creed, Lilin and F0RG3 had to duck to avoid.
Wounds that would down most species didn't seem to even register with the creature Creed had dubbed 'Revenant' as it continued at the same momentum and leapt at one of the droids, bending one of its blaster arms behind it and forcing it to spin around as the Mirialan rode it like a bucking Tris...
Back to top Go down
PrioryJK
Special Agent
Special Agent
PrioryJK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Ril was shocked by the force of the revenant as Creed seemed to call it as it bent the arm of the droid with ease, what shocked her more was the amount of damage the being had taken it was like watching a weapons test performed on a dead animal. the flesh just splintering and leaving large gaping holes, the silhouette of the man was no longer the same as it had been mere seconds previously....

Pushing the thought from her head Ril sided up to the droid with her stealth engaged flanked by her force wielding companion, extending her still cloaked arm, she engaged a computer terminal attached to her stealth suit, quickly powering up it recognised the electrical device of the droid operating next to it and automatically began to hack its systems.

“Deflect that fire” she hissed to Nex, the revenant had begun to spin the the other droid around causing it to fire wilding yet in an a steadily decreasing arc coming back towards them and the droid.

Her arm bleeped and the numerous spinner discs on the screen indicated that the hack had completed, a lot faster then usual even the some of the simpler systems in the facility on the surface had given more a fight. “.........must be the old technology” she muttered verbalising her thought, “And down we go” she shut down the droids systems and its hydrolics went limp and the entire ting slumped to one side, “Nex, do you want to help our friend out?” she said amused looking at the revenant now riding the droid like some farm animal....
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 am

((Creed on SCS due to Sureshot's absence))
((Lilin on SCS due to Harewood leaving E.P.O.C.H.))
((Nex Deus on SCS due to Nex's absence))

Nex, do you want to help our friend out?” E'spel called out to the Talortai as the Force User readied his lightsaber. Despite the suggestion being directed at Nex, the group were beginning to mesh and work together, almost subconsciously.

Both Creed and Lilin simultaneously drew blasters, concentrating their fire on the spindly spider-like legs of the droid. Barraging it in a volley of blaster fire that crippled or destroyed all of it's legs within seconds, their attack toppled the droid to the floor as Revenant rolled off of it giving the ex-jedi the clear shot he needed.

At once the Talortai was leaping high into the air, the azure-blue glow of his blade pirouetting through the shadows in an elegant and well-practiced motion that had Nex land directly on the crippled droid, his lightsaber cutting deep into the metal with a low hum. The droid shook violently and crackled with sparking electricity as the ex-jedi twisted the blade until, suddenly; it stopped and went limp.
Convinced that all of the droids' functions had ceased, Nex withdrew his blade and switched it off, replacing it upon his belt and turning to face the others.

The group were none the worse for wear - excluding Revenant who wasn't exactly in the best of shape to begin with.

Wasting no time as he prepared own weapon for more carnage, Creed pointed toward the large door.

"Get that door open Forge, we don't know if that little scuffle has alerted anyone and we need to be prepared if it has."

Nodding in confirmation the droid waddled forward and injected a data-spike into the door mechanism which began to make whirring and clicking noises as he went about decrypting the security protocols.

"OK this is it, people. Whatever is behind this door is most likely to be dangerous and frakked off, so be on your guard. Keep together and watch each other's backs."

With an afterthought he rubbed his chin and pointed toward their walking cadaver.

"You....'Revenant'," He said to the dead Mirialan. "You take the lead, we've got your back." He felt the slightest twinge of guilt even as he said it, but the corpse simply nodded and turned to face the door, and the Bounty Hunter rationalized it away with the thought that he'd rather Revenant was in front of him than behind him...
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Sitheyes

DARK SECRETS

The Finale
Click >> HERE << for intro
PART I

The anticipation as the the group waited for F0R-G3 to decode the door's lock was almost tangible and a mixture of anxiety, curiosity and impatience spread between them.

Luckily the wait was short-lived, as the Droid was able to open the large doors rapidly: its skill as a splicer once again proving a valuable asset to the mission. Removing its data spike from the access panel the droid turned to face the others as the durasteel portal began to slide open.

"Access granted, masters." Forge said, matter-of-factly.

As light flooded in from the corridor around them to fill the chamber beyond, the group - weapons at the ready - were taken aback by the sight that confronted them. In a huge area seeming as large as the one holding the banks of stasis pods far above them, a gargantuan machine dominated the view. Vast and alien looking appendages snaked out from its massive armoured base, almost like clinging, grapsing arms reaching to claim everyhing around it. Unfeasibly complex mechanical and electrical subsystems kept whole sections of it moving and spinning in tandem with all the others creating a giant astroglobe-like effect. Perpetually in motion yet elegant in its magnificance, it was nevertheless cold and dead-seeming to the eye. A strange presence surrounded it, something which was aqutely picked up on by both Lilin and Nex who had to concentrate to block out a heacy throbbing in their minds while cso lose to the device.
Walkways, an obvious later addition to the structure, surrounded it entirely toward the shadowy top of the room, designed presumably to allow access to the upper levels of the great machine.
Initially easy to overlook against the backdrop of scene, the colossal device was surrounded - on the floor and suspended in the air around it via cabling - by thousands more of the stasis pods from before except that these ones were connected by one end to a large tube which reached into the base of the machine, and seemed upon first glance to be empty of all but the grayish liquid. A closer inspection revealed a strange, smokey substance moving throughout the liquid with a non-distinct almost etheral look to it.

There was no doubt in any of their minds that they had found The Qua'lixi'in - The Harvester of Souls.

The sheer epic scope of the thing coupled with the unnerving malevolence that eminated from the machine had an almost hypnotic effect on the group, the only thing breaking them from their involuntary reverie being the shrill and somewhat grating voice of their droid companion:

"Would it please the masters if I attempt to access the machine? I could attempt to relay a message to the other team aboard The Zenith and search for signs of miss Ree'tak." It said, attempting to be helpful.

Creed merely nodded, still dumbfounded from the scale of the device before them. It was too massive to have been moved there, even several thousand loading droids would have had problems moving such a weight and they lacked the delicacy for all the numerous parts which worked so delicately throughout the surface and interior of the deivice. The only option he could think of was that someone had constructed it inside the chamber, but even that must have been a task that took several back-breaking years.

As Nex Deus simply stared up at the machine, the Talortai was joined by the Human red-headed woman who called herself 'Dee.'

"You feel it too, don't you?" She said as she looked from the device to the large Force weilder.

"Indeed," He replied, as he contuned to look at the Qua'lixi'in "It is a Wound in the Force. The only advisable course of action would...wait..." The Talortai turned to face her. "...how could you?"

"Yes." came her simple one word answer as she turned from him back to the machine and studied it with a sudden seriousness.

Nex couldn't help but smile then, this Human - 'Dee' -if that was even her real name, had managed to deceive him. She was a Force-user as well, and had hidden the fact admirably. She could be Sith or Jedi for all he knew, he didn't really care, but she was a lot more complex than he'd given her credit for and he repected that. Respected it enough in fact that he felt no need to inform anyone else, that would be her choice to make.

As Forge waddled up to the giant machine and began searching for a way to access it, E'spel kept a lookout among the shadows of the room - her keen eyes watching beyond the pods and among the high walkways for signs of movement. Not far from her (but far enough away so E'spel didn't complain about the stench) the Revenant simply stood, looking around. He seemed almost dissapointed there was no immediate foe or danger for him to face and was instead looking around the room hoping to find something that might job his damaged memory.

Eventually the droid found what it presumed was an access panel and prised it open, inserting a dataspike and attempting to access what passed for the machines' central operating servers.

"Remember Forge, locate Ree'tak's life signs first then contact Zenith." Creed said as the droid went about its work. "Are you quite sure there is still only one bio-sign - besides ours?"

Forge nodded without turning around, but it wasn't completely clear which question it was answering when it replied: "Confirmed, Master Dekkar."

With Lilin and Nex so swamped with Dark Side energies they were unable to sense the subtle shift, a disturbance in the Force. With Creed's concentration trained squarely on the droid incase it showed any signs of being attacked by the machine, it fell to E'spel to notice the movement up in the walkways high above them.

Out of the shadows walked a humanoid woman, tall and slender in a long black gown made of some kind of reflective material. She wore what appeared to be an armoured bodice of sorts but sported no other protection except for an usual, almost decrotive peice of spiked headgear which covered a hairless head. A large chain swung from her shoulder down to her waist and the hilt of a discharged lightsaber hung from her hip. At first glance Ril thought her to be another Umbaran but as she stepped into the light and put her hands upon one of the support railings, she noticed her skin had no tones or hues to it; she was no Umbaran, she was Rattataki.

Poking Creed somewhat sharply in his back Ril returned the look when he turn to face her with an annoyed expression on his face. Pointing upwards, Creed followed her lead and saw the woman at the top of the room.

"Sure doesn't look like a twi'lek to me," she said sarcastically.

Grinding his teeth in annoyance, Creed didn't know where Ree'tak was, or what was going on, but he didn't like it.

The woman spoke then, gaining the attention of the rest of the group as she did so. Her voice was deep and confident, yet had a refined tone to it.

"Whomever you are, I suggest you step away from the artefact."

Looking to the others who seemed posied on edge and ready for a fight, it was clear Creed would need to keep her busy while Forge finished his connection. He had to stall her and decided the best course of action in this case mght be the direct approach.

"Sorry, lady!" he called up to her. "We've got a missing friend and her last known location was rigtht here. We're using this....machine of yours to investigate."

With the slightest of shrugs, the woman's confidence-fuelled arrogance shone through.

"Very well, then you shall will need to be dealt with."

Igniting her lightsaber in a brilliant crimson red she pointed down to the group as a collection of the cadaver-men appeared from behind her, filing past and heading toward staircases to intercept them. First there were a few, then more, then a group, a mob, a riot, a horde.

"Kill them." she said dismissively as she turned around and began to walk back towards a door she had entered through.

A swarm of the dead-like creatures burst past her with murder in mind.

Creed let out a large sigh and shook his head.

"Oh, come ON!"

Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Dsbossimage
Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 am

Part II

The dead descended the staircases en masse, an evil look in their eyes and moving with the same frightening speed as their counterparts had done when they ambushed the group in the upper levels of the complex. They were moving as one, almost as if guided, and it seemed that everyone in the group made the connection at the same time, as they all looked toward the walking corpse of their own - Revenant - to see if he was similarly under some kind of mental control.

The dead Mirialan showed no such signs of servitude, having picked up a large peice of piping he'd found on the floor and was weilding it as a club readying for the onslaught of the attackers. Whether true friend of foe of the group, he seemed to be as much as a target as the rest of them, and the old adage of 'my enemies' enemy is my friend' rang true enough for them to work together.

"Here they come!" Ril shouted as the group took up defensive positions.

"Protect the droid!" Creed yelled as he pulled a blaster of his own, he and 'Es'pel' taking stance along Forge's left flank and Nex and 'Dee' moving to intercept the forces approaching from the right staircase.

Releasing a volley of blaster fire into the crowds, many cadavers fell from well-placed head-shots but where one fell two took its place, climbing over the corpse of their fallen comrade without even slowing.

As F0R-G3 worked quickly to access the mainframe the crowd of attackers closed in, intent on pulling the group apart with their bare hands.

"Go hand-to-hand!" Creed yelled again, pistol-whipping one of the creatures so hard that he caved in its cranium and it fell twitching to the floor.

Nex who had been waiting patiently with a drawn lightsaber, waded fearlessly into the mob, cutting off limbs as he went. Taking a step back, Lilin crouched and fired off more blaster bolts, head-shotting those enemies who got too close to the Talortai's back.

On the opposite side Creed continued to smash into the cadavars that got too close, keeping their grasping hands at bay long enough to draw a vibroblade and do a little cutting of his own. Ril in her disguise as Es'pel somersaulted over two incoming enemies, using her acrobatic skill to land on the shoulders of another before crouching and twisting its neck until it made a satisfying 'snap'. Her kicks and punches kept them at bay for a time, but there were just too many until eventually she was obscured from view by a sea of bodies.

"Damnit!" Dekkar cursed, unable to see if Es'pel was in need of aid or not. A sudden female scream made him fear the worse, especially because it was cut off in mid yell.
"Es'pel!!" He hollered, surprising even himself with his concern for the well-being of his new-found team-member. Frustrated, he struggled against the horde but could not push through, they were stronger than the average human individually but as a mob it was all he could do to save himself from being overwhelmed.

Fearing she was lost to the horde of dead-things he was surprised to hear an odd gargled roaring sound and half expected to see a Rancor barrel past him but was met instead by a fervoured charge by Revenant who shoulder-barged into the mob, attempting to save Es'pel. The sound of crunching and snapping bones was horrific, but Creed couldn't see if it what was going on clearly. Luckily he didn't need to see, as hearing was suffcient:

"Urgh! Get OFF me you disgusing creature!" Es'pel's voice was loud enough to be close, and annoyed enough to prove she wasn't fatally wounded. "One just clawed me in leg - seriously, get away from me, Rev!"

Eventually the battle began to turn, the sheer numbers and strength of the dead mob proving no match for the battle-skills of the group. One by one the creatures fell until Creed, Ril, Nex, Lilin, Revenant and Forge were surrounded by a pile of corpses....and this time they weren't moving.

Wiping down his suit, Creed put an unlit cigarra in his mouth.

"Everyone still alive?"

"Indeed." Came Nex's reply as he powered-down his lightsaber.

"In one piece," 'Dee' replied, looking about and surveying the carnage.

"Just about, yeah.." Said Es'pel as she bandaged the wound on her leg and applied a med-pack to the area.

Saying nothing, Revenant simply stared at the great machine, as if he recognized it somehow.

Seemingly oblivious to the battle that had insued, Forge twisted his head around to face the group as he continued to work. "Excellent news, Masters. I believe I have made the connection. We shall have full access in - "

Without warning the huge machine suddenly went dark, its systems whirring down to silence as it shut itself off.
The droid disconnected itself from the artefact and turned his body to match his head, facing the direction of the others.

"Problem, Forge?" Dekkar enquired. "Hit a security protocol or something?"

The droid shook its metallic head.
"Negative, Master Creed. The system was shut down remotely from another access conduit. I believe I was 'Shut out'. I would surmise that the humanoid woman we encountered is most likely responsible, the automated organics lack the capacity."

"Then lets go have a little 'word' with our host, shall we?" He said as he sheathed his vibroknife and checked the clip on his blaster pistol. He stepped forward and the droid followed, but 'Dee' stepped and stood in his way.

"And why would we want to do that, exactly? We came here looking for your precious Twi'lek and she's obviously not here. All we've found here is some crazy woman and an army of walking horrors who we've been lucky enough to survive against so far, but we don't know how many more there could be here. We need to leave, now."

Creed scowled at the Alderaanian woman.

"Listen Cherry Red," he almost snarled. "Three points for ya: One - If Ree ain't here then this place is still the best clue we have to finding where she ended up. Two - I dunno about you but I reckon this little dead-boy factory needs to be shut down. An army of dead things infesting the Galaxy is just bad for business, and three - nobody is stopping you from leaving....you wanna head out? you know where the exit is."

"I don't have a ship, you know that." She replied as the Bounty Hunter shrugged his shoulders in mock confusion.

"Fine." She continued, annoyed but resolute. "..but you need to keep back when we get in there. That woman looked like a Force User, and she can weild a lightsaber. At best she's a Sith or a Dark Jedi. At worst? she might be something else. You handle the cadavers, let Nex and I handle that witch."

"What exactly do you plan to do, nag her to death?" He smirked, but she seemed less than amused.

A large hand appeared on his shoulder then and he turned to see Nex had walked up behind him.

"On this occassion I would listen to the woman, my friend." The gray Jedi said, and something in his voice gave Creed pause. He simply nodded in reply.

Climbing the stairs the group found the door unlocked, and it swished open at their approach. On the other side was a chamber not unlike the one they first found the stasis pods in, a large chasm of blackness with walls full of pods on either side and a long walkway across the abyss leading to a circular platform at its end, a control console allowing access to the mainframe.

Unlike the pod-room however, this one had two major differences: Firstly the top half of the Harvester of Souls rose from the blackness all around them, showing it to be even larger than they had first realized and secondly, the Rattataki woman was standing near the console, levitating off the ground and facing them, surrounded in an orb of darkness and lightning.

"Well this looks easy," Creed said, spitting out his unlit cigarra.

Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Part III

The group fanned out, taking up positions as they advanced on the woman's position. Creed took centre, his blaster pistol readied in his hand. To his left walked Es'pel and Nex Deus, armed with twin pistols and a dark blue lightsaber, respectively. On his right was Dee, a lightweight and modified blaster pistol at the ready and finally Revenant, coated in blood and still carrying his piece of piping. A few feet behind them stood Forge, unsure of what it should be doing.

The Rattataki had her eyes shut as they first entered the room and dark sparks of purple lightning danced about inside a swirling cloud of blackness which surrounded her, constantly in motion. At the sound of their approach she opened her eyes and addressed them.

You storm this facility, put several of my golems out of commission, endanger the artefact and force me to put a stop to my – very important – research. Just who are you?

Keeping his gun trained on her the Corellian Bounty Hunter smirked at her line of questioning.
Well we could ask you the same question, lady. We come here tailing a lost friend to a world which according to all the records has been abandoned for years, only to discover a virtual army of walking nightmares and you, stirring up at least twenty kinds of wrong. So how about you fill us in and then we do likewise, yeah?

Raising her eyebrow at the frankness of the purple-headed stranger, the woman unclipped her lightsaber and held it in her hand, but it remained inactive.

Very well, knowing my identity will neither help nor harm your position, so I see no reason to keep such information secret.” She replied, seemingly undeterred by the line of questioning but with an air of contrived aloofness. “I am a Sith Historian and Inquisitor for the Emperor, I search out ancient technologies such as these lost artefacts from the Infinite Empire. I am known as Darth Mourness.

So you're the one who activated this 'Harvester of Souls?” came Creeds reply, keeping her attention on him while Dee and Nex Deus began to gradually and subtly flank her position.

I am. It does not work as intended, lacking too many parts which are not possible for us to duplicate, but it will serve its purpose in its current state.

Serve its purpose?” Es'pel piped up, a desire growing in her to fill the woman full of blaster bolts. “...and what possible purpose could an army of the dead serve beyond galactic domination?

A sinister and somewhat disturbing smile stretched across Mourness' face at that point, finding the Umbaran's question both over-simplified and attractive to answer.

With such a machine at the Emperors disposal this war could be over in mere months, Umbarran. Even in their arrogance the Republic would soon learn that for every golem that falls another rises, and that when one of their own is lost to them, they join our cause. Even with their blind faith in their own abilities they would learn rapidly that against such numbers, there can be no victory. The Republic would have to bow to the Empire.

That grin again, only this time far wider.

Think of all the lives that could be saved...
Stepping in before Es'pel let her emotions get the better of her, Nex Deus addressed Mourness, his tone neutral and calm.

We come here seeking a lost comrade, and this was her last known location. A Twi'lek female, went by the name of Ree'tak. Perhaps you know of her?

The Rattataki's eyes slanted and her mouth down-turned at the name – the two had obviously met.

Oh I know of that troublesome Kowakian monkey-lizard,” she scowled and almost snarled in response. “She came here when my research was in its most critical stages and tried to relieve me of the main control-chip for The Qua'lixi'in.

So where is she now?” Creed said, stepping forward. “What happened to her?

Dead, I should imagine.” Mourness replied, indifferently. “The amount of golems I put on her tail she should be, at least.

Pausing in her cautious advance, Lilin – still known to all as 'Dee' – addressed Creed as he considered how to progress.

If the Twi'lek is not here then we have no reason to stay, wouldn't you say?

Oh but I'm afraid I can't just let you leave,” Mourness countered before the Bounty Hunter had a chance to speak. “You see, I can't risk the Republic discovering this little plan and forming a defence, and that means I can't have any witnesses out there running around with the information in their heads..

Her free hand suddenly snapped upwards, palm out-facing as the purple lightning that spun about her like a personal storm converged around the hand and then shot out, heading towards Creed. Luckily the blue blade of the ex-jedi's lightsaber deflected the stream of energy as Nex Deus leaned in from of Creed and redirected the energy toward the walkway floor where it dispersed harmlessly.

Seeing their chance both Ril and Lilin let loose with a volley of blaster bolts which, while startlingly accurate proved useless against the energy field surrounding the Sith as they got swallowed up and consumed upon impact.

Carrying no ranged weapons with which to attack at range, Revanant suddenly charged forward, piping in hand and almost reached Mourness before she stopped channelling the lightning and hit the ex-Mirilian with a blast-wave of kinetic force, sending him spiralling through the air and over the railing. Barely holding on as the huge black chasm loomed beneath him, he was surprised to see Es'pel's hand be the one to reach over and begin pulling him up.

Get the droid to that control console,” The Talortai said to Creed as he altered his fighting stance. “It could be our best chance. We'll handle this Sith.

With a nod the Corellian beckoned the droid to him as Nex hurtled forward with a force-charged burst of speed, blade outstretched in front of him intending to impale Mourness. Her reactions were impressive, somersaulting over him at the last moment, igniting her lightsaber into an angry red glow as she did so. As she landed gracefully she was confronted with the seemingly meek Lilin who, to the surprise of everyone but Nex Deus and herself, drew a lightsaber of her own which glowed a vibrant emerald green. The two clashed, sparks flying against the hum of the lightsabers.

Ril helped Revenant up over the railing, silencing him before he could thank her as Creed managed to navigate the bumbling droid through the carnage.

Nex Deus attacked Mourness from behind, but the Rattataki's almost supernatural sense of her surroundings were as sharp as her lightsaber skills. She spun the blade behind her and deflected his blow without looking, before bringing it back and halting an overhead strike from Lilin in front of her. Her skills with the blade were formidable and the two Force Users had to work together to gain any ground and press their advantage.

Reaching the console Forge looked around frantically for an access panel while Creed covered the droid. When it found one it went to unlock it but the Corellian took the initiative and shoot the panel free with his blaster instead.
Get to it Forge,” He said as he turned back to the flash of lightsabers. “We don't have much time.

As the three Force-users clashed, they seemed evenly matched, each not managing to land a blow through the defences of the others. Though they were all using different forms of attack the winner would be the one who tired last, not necessarily the fighter with the greatest skill.

Realising that Mourness was distracted with her two opponents, Es'pel took the opportunity to crouch down and take careful aim with her blaster. She would need to take her time and the shot would have to perfect, but her patience was rewarded when the smallest chance arrived. Seeing her opening, she took it.

The blaster bolt whizzed through the air and unable to defect it without dropping her defences against her two attackers, Mourness was caught across the side of the head with a glancing shot, which nevertheless destroyed her left ear and sent her spiralling from the pain right into, and over one of the railings. Grabbing on to save her life, she dropped her lightsaber and the bright red light slowly vanished into the pit.

As her grip began to falter, Lilin rushed forward to save her but was a second too late as Mourness slipped and lost her grip, dropping into the blackness. As she approached the Soul Harvester she tried to use the Force to propel herself toward the top of it but Nex caught on to what she was attempting and hit her with a massive wave of Telekinetic Force, making her overshoot the artefact and slam into the opposite wall face-first. The ex-jedi watched with satisfaction as the Sith lost consciousness, went limp and finally dropped silently into the black.

Lilin and Nex powered down their lightsabers while Es'pel allowed herself the slightest smile at her exceptional shot. Although she was interested to learn of 'Dee's' true nature, Es'pel could see from Creed's expression that he was even more surprised. The time for explanations could wait for when they were safely aboard the Zenith, however.

Forge, how goes the connection?” Creed said anxiously.

Linking in now, Master Dekkar - ” The Droid responded, before stopping suddenly and looking up. "Oh...there is a problem."

"I'm almost afraid to ask..." Dekkar sighed.

"It seems the Mourness humanoid has altered the secruity system to respond to her command codes only. Accessing this console has initiated a self-destruct sequence..."

Back to top Go down
Lunarwolf
Chief Operative
Chief Operative
Lunarwolf

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:04 am

Creed glared in the Droid's direction.  He knew that it was not the automaton's fault, but it was difficult to the blame the Galaxy as a whole, it had no face to glare at.

"Excellent." he sarcastically replied.  "If Darth 'high-and-mighty' can't play with her toy then nobody can?  Nice."

"How long do we have, Forge?" He continued, giving due attention to the urgency of the situation.

The Droid scanned the artifact briefly, accessing its protocols.

"A little under 500 Standard Galactic Seconds, Sir.  However there is some good news:  I have managed to use this machine to boost a signal and penetrate the storm-front outside the complex.  I believe I can establish contact with The Zenith and masters Raiflaine and McCoy."

"Excellent! do so, quickly!" The Corellian demanded as he stepped toward the droid.  With a rumble the cavern shook slightly and several empty pods broke from the walls and plummeted into the blackness around them.

"Make it quick, Creed..." Nex Deus warned as he looked around at the shaking surroundings.

"Patching you through now, Sir." Forge said as the dataspike spun this way and that, establishing a connection.  "Visual connection is too badly corrupted.  Two-way audio only."

A loud crackling noise suddenly erupted from the machine, causing everyone but the Droid to momentarily cover their ears.

"Compensating for interference...." Forge said to nobody in particular.

The crackling fizzed and popped until recognisable sounds began to emerge: the roaring of engines, explosions, warning alarms – and Raiflaine's voice:

Creed! Creed – reply, damnit!” Another explosion could be heard in the background as the Bounty Hunter's guttural voice could shouted across the communicator. “Where in Mando'a's name are they?!

Raif![i]” Creed shouted over the din. “[i]We're here! What's your status?

A shocked silence. Another distant explosion.

Creed? Is that you? The signal's weak...

Aye it's me old buddy, we're all here – but the search for the Twi'lek was a bust – what the frak is going on up there?

Damnit, Dekkar! I was beginning to think something had put an end to you!” This time a laugh followed the comment, but it was short-lived and followed by more warning alarms.

We're under attack out here! Loads of these small ships just sorta.....appeared in the atmosphere above us! They're the same as that one we spotted in Hyperspace....and their quick, real quick – I'm doing all I can to keep The Zenith in one piece, but Creed? I hope you got a plan up your sleeve 'cos we're sitting ducks up here!

Creed looked to the others, who were all waiting for him to reply.

We've had some issues here too, mate....we're coming back to the surface and we're gonna need an immediate dust-off. Is Fuze still with you?

The sound of ships zooming past Raiflaine's location suddenly obscured all other sounds – the group counted at least ten separate engines – the Zenith was under heavy attack.

Yeah he is, but he's hurt.” Raiflaine's voice said over the communicator, much to the relief of the others. “He's a hell of a shot with laser-turrets, for a tail-head. We caught the backwash of an explosion though, he's out cold in the medbay.” A pause, another explosion.
Listen... I'll try to come around for another pass but you're gonna have to be ready in three minutes or less Creed, these Mynock-lovers ain't making this easy...

We'll be there in two, Creed out.” With a signal for Forge to end the communication, the Corellian checked his blaster pistol was loaded and ready as the Droid disconnected from the machine.

Okay people, lets move – we've got scarce moments before this machine goes nova and I don't think it'll be wise to be even in the same system when it blows.

As the team readied themselves to move out, Forge waddled up to Creed and tapped him on the shoulder.

Sir. I don't wish to add to your problems, but there is another issue. Part of the self-destruct mechanism has sealed the automated services of the complex. All the doors between here and the surface are locked and will need to be opened manually one by one to allow access. I calculate that even with combined strength of the group we do not have enough time to force open each portal before the countdown concludes.

Creed simply went wide-eyed, feeling as if the Galaxy itself were playing a cruel joke on him.

So what you're saying is that after all this, after everything we went through....we're trapped here? We can't get out in time?

Not exactly Sir, there is one option available. Each of the doors can be manually opened from here,” It said as it motioned to the control console not far from the Harvester of Souls.
It will allow for immediate access to the doors meaning that our progress won't be impeded. However, each door must be shut after the group goes through to allow the user to unlock the next door. That user must remain here.

The group simply looked at one another, the enormity of the problem flowing between them.

As the only non-organic, I volunteer myself for this duty.” Forge said, matter-of-factly.

No.” Revenant said as he stepped forward. “Your databanks contain too much valuable information, Droid. If these people have any hope of finding their friend they will need that.

The ex-Mirilian walked up to Creed then, his cold eyes met with the Corellian's.

I, on the other hand, am already dead. The Galaxy is no place for me any more, nor any of the people brought back by this....thing. Let me do it, Bounty Hunter. I have the least to lose.

For the first time since meeting the wretched creature, Creed felt a tang of true remorse for him, but Revenant was right – he was the only logical choice. Placing a hand on the man's shoulder he nodded respectfully.

Thank you.

As Revenant took his place at the controls and began rapidly pressing buttons the door at the end of the room swished open.

Go, now!” he shouted to the group, who needed no further instruction. Picking up Forge in his massive arms and slinging him over his shoulder, Nex followed Creed who took the lead, followed by Lilin. As the group vanished through the door Ril found herself at the back and couldn't help but turn and look once more upon the dead Mirilian man who was allowing them to get to safety. As the room slowly collapsed around him, he seemed to sense her looking and turned his attention from the console to catch her gaze. The last thing she saw of him was the slightest smile as the door swished shut between them, cutting them off visually.

The run to the surface was difficult, but fast. At points more reanimated corpses would attack them, attempting to block their progress, but the group's desperation and need to get out of the complex as fast as possible made them dangerous and unpredictable opponents, cleaving through the walking dead before they could cause much of a problem.

At last the surface doors were ahead of them, and Revenant's manipulation of the system allowed the heavy durasteel barriers to slowly creak open as they approached, the violent winds of the storms whipping in through the gap and flooding their vision with sand and dust as they made their way out of the complex.

At first the Zenith could not be seen, just flashes of red and green blaster fire through the dust-storm, then she appeared in all her glory: the magnificent and welcome sight of the Chela-class starfighter hovered into view, its landing ramp down ready to accept the group.

The five clambered aboard and the ramp and it began to close as Ril was still climbing it, but she was lithe enough to sprint the shortening gap and got aboard before it slammed shut. Seconds later the sound of the inner-hull pressuring for space-travel could be heard.
Making their way to the cockpit the group found Raiflaine expertly navigating between blaster-shots from the cannons of several small black starfighters, all sporting the Infinite Empire logo.

Good to see ya,” He grunted. “Now two of you man the guns while I get us off this rock!” Lilin and Nex vanished on cue, heading toward the mounted gun emplacements elsewhere on the ship after the Talortai dropped the Droid onto its feet with a loud thump.
Walking up next to Raiflaine, Creed looked out of the viewer at the amassing swarm of enemy ships honing in on their position as Ril slid into the co-pilot's seat next to the Bounty Hunter.

Picking up women again, Creed ol' buddy? Raiflaine smirked, but Creed was deadly serious as he replied and didn't move his eyes of the enemy ships.

Es'pel meet Raiflaine.” The Umbaran grinned at him then, and the Bounty Hunter suddenly felt ill at ease, turning back to the view-screen and concentrating on the enemy ships.

By the way, the complex beneath us is about to explode, most likely taking us with it if we can't escape this atmosphere.” Creed said as he went back to his old self. Showing Raiflaine he had faith in his abilities he placed a hand briefly on his shoulder and patted it. “No pressure.

Huh. Yeah,” came the response as Raiflaine spun the Zenith between two ships causing them to shoot one another and explode.
As the ship made its way up out of the atmosphere, the first few explosions from the complex could be seen far below followed by a few huge one as the entire complex and several miles around it vanished in a ball of white light, sending out a massive shock wave that hurtled outwards, heading in all directions – including that of the Zenith.

As if anticipating it, and sacrificing themselves to stop the strangers, the remaining few Stealth Ships formed a blockade preventing them from leaving, trapping them all in the same deadly trap. Even with Lilin and Nex Deus' combined gunnery work, too few were being picked off compared to the speed of the advancing shock-wave.

We're not gonna make it!” Raiflaine cried out, frustrated.

Just then the stretching light of a ship coming out of hyperspace could be seen, appearing on the other side of the blockade. A Class 720 Freighter entered normal-space with guns blazing, cutting a small hole in the blockade by destroying two ships, but giving the Zenith the vital room to manoeuvre and punch a hole big enough for them to break through to safety. The shock wave lost its potency, dispersing harmlessly after destroying the remaining few stealth ships, and doing little more than buffet the Zenith as it hit.

Sorry I'm late....did I miss much?” It was a familiar voice.. to Creed, Raiflaine and Nex at least; a perky and upbeat female voice with a slight accent and a hint of mischief.

Ree'tak?!?!” Creed almost shouted into the communicator “Where the frak have you been? You owe us one hell of an explanation!

Hey there, Hero!” She chuckled over the communicator. “Sorry about all the 'cloak and dagger' but I really was on the run from these freaks – that Rancor-spawn of a Sith sent plenty of her dead boys after me. The only chance I had was to get someone good – and crazy enough – to take her down while I shook them from my tail. I didn't want to deceive you any more than I already have, but considering the company your keeping it seems you've got your fair share of secrets piling up around you anyway.

What are you talking about?” He replied, still flustered and annoyed.

That Umbaran you have with you – I'd watch your back. I don't know what she's told you but she's one of the Empire's best Agents – she's something of a legend around our......offices

Creed and Ril just looked at each other then, hands resting on blaster-grips.

I can almost hear the credit dropping from here!” The Twi'lek continued over the communicator. “Look, she's an Imperial Agent, Creed. I know this because I am too, and that's how I know you're one as well, working so deep undercover that even your friend Raiflaine there thinks you're just another Bounty Hunter. Its the way of our business that we field operatives don't know who each other are – we all know that – but y'see certain.....personnel files have found their way into my hands, and plenty of people besides Darth Mental-Case aren't too keen on me right now....which is why things had to play out like this.

Creed rubbed his chin in thought as the dumbfounded Raiflaine, having been double-crossed way too many times in the last day, just threw his arms up in defeat and then folded them, sulking slightly.

I'm offering you a deal here Creed, and a damn good one at that.” Ree'tak continued. “I need to vanish and I know your Agency is good at that. When the heat dies down I want in. I have a list of the names of several of the top Imperial Agents working in the Core which I'm sure the Falleen would love to get his claws on.” A pause then, as if she was considering things, before continuing:
I recommend you look for asylum too, Tresv – if you're able to hear me. The safest place is with the Agency; trust me I've researched this.

So what's to stop us just blowing you out of the sky, Ree'tak?” Creed countered, still aggravated at having been used in such a manner.
Sure that risks destroying this 'list' of yours if you have it with you or losing its location if you don't, but that equates to the same thing – the names being safe.

Because I have every intention of sweetening the deal, of course.” her optimistic voice replied. “F0-RG3...are you on-line?

Indeed I am, Mistress. How may I be of service?” came its annoyingly chirpy reply.

I relinquish all rights of ownership of you to Creed, F0-RG3 – you are his property now.

As you wish, Mistress Ree'tak. It has been a pleasure working with you.” With that Forge went and stood next to Creed, who looked at the Droid slightly puzzled.

Er... thanks.” He responded to Ree'tak over the communicator. “...but what use could I have for a Droid?

I'd recommend passing him onto your Employer and having him search his databanks,” The Twi'lek said, the sounds of her tapping in an set of astro-navigation coordinates into her ships' computer heard faintly in the background. “I've gotta get going, but it was fun as always! I'll be heading to Coruscant in a couple of months, I'll hook up with you then. Again, sorry for the deception but I assure you, it was completely necessary.

Before he could inquire further or chastise the Twi'lek for her behaviour the hyperspace engines of Ree'tak's ship – The Pathfinder – powered up and it vanished in a stream of light.

There was astonished silence aboard the Zenith as people just stared at one another, unsure how to proceed.

In the end it was 'Es'pel' who broke the silence, outstretching her hand to Creed with a sly wink.

Hi, I'm Ril. Ril Tresv.

EPILOGUE

Creed waited patiently in the marble-floored corridor, choosing to stand rather than take a seat on one of the comfortable – and expensive – cushioned benches that lined the wall behind him. Opposite him was a stunning view of the Coruscant skyline, one giant window the length of the entire corridor interspersed with the occasional pillar. It was dusk, and as the sun slowly dipped below the tower-filled horizon, strips of orange light flowed across the interior of the corridor bathing it in a comforting dim light.
A few feet from him stood the Droid, 'Forge', silent since its new master had instructed it to do so, apparently not fond of speaking to Droids on a casual basis.
They stood in an entrance corridor of a top floor suite that was the current residence of their employer – the elusive figure known only as 'The Mysterious Falleen'.
Having been kept waiting around for over twenty minutes the Imperial Agent was beginning to grow impatient.
He wondered what had happened to the others since his arrival back on the Core world. Nex had simply left, taking Fuze with him for medical care, the large ex-Jedi made a point of never saying goodbyes, but he felt he would see him again in the fullness of time. Es'pel – who it turned out was an Imperial Agent like himself – was in fact Ril Tresv; one of the Galaxies' most renowned infiltration specialists. So few had ever seen her that she had the ability to walk around unrecognised. With her identity suddenly in jeopardy she had vanished somehow between the landing and the disembarkation, but that hardly surprised him.
Raiflaine seemed more annoyed than anything else, saying he needed to take some time to process things. He left with a handshake, which Creed respected.
Then there was the red-head who'd surprised them all. A consummate actress, Dee – if indeed that was even her name – had proven to be a Jedi, or at least a Force User trained in the arts of Lightsaber combat. She'd offered him no explanation whatsoever, simply walking away from the ship after a respectful nod.
Lastof course there was Ree'tak; that no-good, double-crossing minx who'd thrown him into this tangled mess in the first place...and for what? An elaborate distraction? Did she even know what was there, on Rafa III? She'd left his life as flamboyantly as she'd entered, but she'd be back. Like a Loveti Moth to a flame, she'd never be too far from the action.

The large gold-gilded doors at the end of the corridor opened then, shaking Creed from his memories. A woman stepped from the Falleen's room to the corridor, dressed in a purple and black set of fatigues. With dark hair and almost glowing red eyes he recognised her as a Sith, and one he'd seen before, holding meetings with her employer on more than one occasion. She nodded to him as she passed, a smile upon her black lips.

Ma'am,” The Corellian said, with his usual natural charm.

Paying far too much attention to the sight of her rear as it entered the elevator at the other end of the corridor, he almost didn't notice the deep and authoritarian voice of his employer as he called for him:

Come in please, Mr Dekkar.

The room was as elegant and opulent as the corridor which proceeded it. A high domed ceiling covered in intricate and stunning murals crowned a large circular room attired in a theme of gold and black, the furniture delicate and expensive looking. Sparse yet luxurious, the room looked like it belonged to a highly-paid senator or business tycoon. It seemed his employer was used to living in style and comfort, though he suspected that the lifestyle made him neither complacent or overconfident.
The main focal point to the room was the massive black desk which had another large window as its backdrop, a stunning panoramic vista of the city-planet stretching out as far as the eye could see. A small yet comfortable chair sat empty at one side of the desk intended for him to sit at, and his employer sat the other side, cloaked in shadow as he often was. His green hands were out in front of him, holding a datapad which sent the occasional flash of light across his obscured face revealing a glimpse of his stark yellow eyes.
Please, sit down.” It was an invitation and order, all at once. His deep and confident voice was quiet yet demanded immediate respect. “I have been going through your report, Mr Dekkar. Most impressive, both your handling of the situation and the information you gathered. This, I take it, is the Droid you mentioned, F0-RG3?

Nodding and trying to clear a lump in his throat, the Corellian hated the way the alien always made him feel so nervous, but he was well aware it was a defensive survival instinct kicking in. One did not cross this man.

It is, Sir. With respect I would like to present him to you, and to the Agency as a whole; as a gift. I believe the information he stores in his databanks may prove useful.

Putting down the pad, the Falleen's hands slipped back into the shadows, joining the rest of his form.

Indeed? Well then, on behalf of the Agency, I accept.” The Falleen's voice said from the darkness. “I took the liberty of having my men inspect your Droid.....oh excuse me, my Droid while you slept, Mr Dekkar. You are quite right, it does contain some truly exceptional data. Like the complete schematics for the design of The Qua'lixi'in Device, for example. We now control several technological designs from this 'Infinite Empire' and our research and development people are working on them as we speak.

Creed felt the blood draining from his face.

You....you don't intend to re-create that thing, do you Sir? Surely the ramifications -

A green hand extended from the shadows as turned palm-out, indicating him to stop.

Do not concern yourself, Mr Dekkar. There is far more power in holding such things close to your chest than revealing them. I have had considerable dealings in this area and I assure you that the fear you can instil in your opponents when they know what your are capable of often outweighs the need for action. Control over this power is adequate for my needs at present, and should we need to use it? Well lets just say I intend to be ready.

As the Imperial Agent let out an audible sigh of relief, the Falleen clicked his long claws together in thought.

There is however, one protocol our researchers could not access in the Droids database, something encoded as 'Shadow-2'.” The Falleen said, seemingly intrigued. “For that, we would need the Droid on-line to manually activate the sequence.

Forge, reading between the lines, walked from Creed's side round the table and stood next to the Falleen. “What is your wish, Master?” It said.

Run protocol 722-163.9.9, code-reference 'Shadow-2'.” The alien replied.

Turning to face the window, the Droid walked toward it and outstretched an arm. A very quiet beeping could be heard coming from it, a sequence pattern not dissimilar to binary yet not identical.
Outside the window a part of the view seemed to shimmer and twist, the light bending and contorting, changing colour and shape.

Suddenly directly outside the window hovered the silent form of one of the stealth-ships, its black sleek body refracting light off its hull and its powerful blaster cannons aimed directly at the suite in which the Imperial Agent, crime lord and Droid had gathered.

Do not be alarmed,” Forge said as it turned back around, the ship shimmering and vanishing from view once again. “The vessel is on remote autopilot, controlled by myself. I discovered it whilst accessing the Qua'lixi'in mainframe. It was designed as an escape vessel for the Sith woman we encountered and I had it follow us from the complex and through Hyperspace.

The Droid paused for a moment, before continuing:

Regrettably the mainframe held no data of the construction of these ships and the remaining vessels were destroyed in the destruction of the Qua'lixi'in Device. It is, as far as I am aware, now the only example of this ship left in the Galaxy.

It was at that moment that Creed realised what Ree'tak had given him. Not the rotten deal he'd expected but a fair one, considering what she was asking of him. She's given him a way to impress his employer well beyond what was expected, giving him access to ancient technologies and even his own personal stealth-fighter, and in return she sought sanctuary and the freedom to do what she did best; serve as an Agent. He smiled.

Well Mr Dekkar, I have to admit I'm impressed.” Came the confident and deep voice of the Falleen. “I suspected you would be the man for this mission and I am glad to see my instincts were not wrong. You have shown that you can handle yourself well in the field and possess the ability to lead others through the most difficult of circumstances. In light of this, I would like to offer a most prosperous position here at the Agency, thought I warn you it comes with its fair share of added dangers.

The lump welled in Creed's throat again, he was all too aware than double-edged swords came in many guises.

A promotion Sir?

Exactly. I have need of people within our.....community whom I can trust. Special Agents, if you like.

It would be an honour sir, Thank-you.” Creed said, one-thousand-and-one thoughts flying through his mind.

Excellent,” The Falleen said, sitting forward out of the shadows. His green skin backlit by the orange of the sunset and his golden eyes staring straight into Creed's.

Then as your first official act as a Special Agent, I want you to find Ril Tresv. Bring her in.

fin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)   Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Secrets (Closed, Structured RP / Short Story Finale)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6